How often do you sideline God and fly through one busy day after another without Him? Then a week or a month or more goes by, and you find yourself empty and aching for His touch on your life? If you are His child, you can be sure that He never leaves or forsakes you. He is very real in your world. All you need to do is train your eyes to “see Him who is invisible.” (Hebrews 11:27) You can begin today!
Here are 5 places where You’re sure to find God.
1. In something beautiful that catches your eye. How Communion Sunday looked in our church while it was decorated for a wedding.
2. In an answer to prayer that lifts your soul. As dementia steals my mom’s personality and clouds her past, I continually ask God to help her know me. Right now I’m thankful for one more day in which she was able to call me by name.
3. In the way He uses Scripture in your heart. My little niece at AWANA, studying the “big girl” Bible I gave her. What a blessing that she’s learning to love His Word!
4. In a passage from a book that especially touches you. A beautiful copy of Fanny Crosby’s hymns gifted by a friend.
5. In the ordinary treats God sprinkles throughout your day. Enjoying Chinese food with my students after seeing Les Mis.
I want to live with an eye out for the signs that point to God’s nearness. Will you join me?
I’ll be offering a link-up at the beginning of each week. Let’s promote what God has done for us! I’d love for you to share in the comments or in a blog post about how God has revealed His presence in your life. What sweet signs of His nearness has He given you? What hidden treasures has He revealed? What practices do you include in your day so that you don’t overlook Him? Here’s a linky in case you want to share this week. I may not get to visit your post right away, but I faithfully pray for each one who leaves a comment. Blessings, sweet bloggy friends!
Bonus pic: “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” ~Helen Keller~ (Click here to tweet this quote.)
This week I’m linking up with Monday Musings, Hear It on Sunday, Soli Deo Gloria, The Better Mom, Covered in Grace, Rachelwojo, Modest Mondays, GraceLaced Mondays, Raising Arrows, A Mama’s Story, Teach Me Tuesdays, Gratituesdays, Just Write, Titus 2 Tuesdays, Tell Me About It Tuesday, Tuesdays Unwrapped, Teaching What Is Good, Mom’s Library, Tuesday Tips, What I Learned This Week, Heart and Home, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Homemakers, Deep Roots at Home, God Bumps, Wednesday Walkabout, Think Outside the Blog, Word-filled Wednesday, Thankful Homemaker, Wisdom Wednesday, Wholehearted Home Wednesdays, Thursday Favorite Things,Thriving Thursday, Hearts for Home, Legacy Leaver, Thoughtful Thursday, Life in the Comments, Almost Friday Thursday Blog Hop, Favorite Things, Faith-filled Friday, Friday @Homemaker by Choice, Just for Fun Friday, Fellowship Friday, Womanhood with Purpose, Weekend Whatever, and Heart Reflected.